Wisconsin Early Childhood Association works to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning for Wisconsin's young children by promoting excellence in early education programs, supporting professionalism in the early childhood workforce, and calling for greater investment in quality early child care. The WECA mission is to meet the professional needs of adults who nurture and teach Wisconsin's young children through
a rich continuum of services.
A Wisconsin Early Education Shared Services Relief Squad educator is responsible for managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom or family child care setting they are supporting. Educators must have a good understanding of children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development to ensure a safe and stimulating learning environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Squad educator must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, work as a team with other educators and assistants and communicate with parents as needed.
WECA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants.
Please apply with your resume by August 6th.
- Keep the google-based calendar current with times/days of availability.
- Respond quickly via phone, text or email to WEESSN care requests.
- Work with WEESSN Lead Coach to ensure your licensing requirements are met.
- Accurately track mileage for proper reimbursement.
- Accurately track hours worked for proper reimbursement.
- Arrive 5 minutes early for all jobs.
- Dress according to the program's guidelines.
- Keep notes on program policies and preferences.
- At all times uphold professionalism, confidentiality and respect for the programs you are serving.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
Persons occupying this position must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education or Credential with 3-5 years of experience
- Certificate from the Registry stating that you are qualified as an early childhood teacher (WEESSN can help you obtain this if you don't already have it).
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Ability to work in several early childhood settings and adjust to the requirements in each
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification (WEESSN can help you obtain this if you don't already have it).
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- This position is required to receive a complete cycle of vaccine(s) to prevent COVID-19 transmission as determined by the Center for Disease Control.
Nice To Haves
Both inside and outside the workplace, staff are expected to foster a positive team environment through:
- respectful and professional communication and behavior;
- full and active participation within work teams; and
- openness to strengthening and expanding work skills through continuous professional development.
WECA provides a level of employee benefits which helps attract and retain talented professionals like you - the kind of professionals who are committed to serving Wisconsin's Early Childhood workforce.
WECA offers paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, and a flexible spending plan.
Salary : $35,000 to $40,000/Yr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 3 Yrs
Location : Milwaukee, WI