The mission of the Kennedy Heights Community Center is to create a community support network for low to moderate-income families, increase available resources and programs to improve the lives of residents, and develop and present social, educational, recreational, and cultural programs for children, youth, and adults.
Kennedy Heights Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To assist the Early Childhood Program Director in providing a warm and nurturing environment in which children can learn and grow.
- Positively engage with children during program hours
- Maintain accountability of all assigned children at all times
- Utilize positive behavior guidance techniques with children
- Maintain a safe, organized, and healthy environment by fostering cooperative social behavior through games, group projects, global awareness, and supervision
- Assist with a daily curriculum that provides social, emotional, physical, and cognitive learning experiences for children
- Organize and maintain activity areas, materials, and supplies
- Communicate in a positive, appropriate, timely manner with staff, children, and families
- Implement and practice emergency procedures in accordance with WI State Licensing and Kennedy Heights Community Center policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain effective communication with parents/guardians
- Respects the confidentiality of all children, volunteers, and staff at all times
- Communicate with families and support staff daily to ensure the integration of children with special needs
- Assist with the coordination of family outreach activities
- Attend required meetings and training
- Complete paperwork, and maintain all required certifications
- At least 18 years of age
- Experience working with staff, families, and volunteers from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Experience working with children of all backgrounds, and knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Knowledgeable about working with other community agencies and about resources available for youth and their families
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work effectively with low-income families
- Either Level 11 or higher on The Registry or willing to complete training within the first 90 days of employment. Level 11 requirements include:
- One-year diploma comprised of specific coursework from any Wisconsin technical college totaling 24 or more credits. Other out-of-state credentials submitted will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- A combination of any 2 Registry Credentials
- 30 related credits - Refer to key terms for information regarding related credits
- Associate's Degree in another field plus any 1 Registry Credential
- School-Age Training
- CPR Training
Nice To Haves
Experience living or working with youth and families on the Northside
Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field.
- 0.44 - 0.5 FTE, part-time
- 20-30 hours/week, Monday-Friday 9am-12pm
- $13.01-$14.35 per hour depending on experience
- Kennedy Heights Community Center, 199 Kennedy Heights
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Part Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Madison, WI