JANITOR / TRUCK DRIVER – NEKCA has an immediate opening for a part-time time (20 hrs. wk/52 wks. yr.) combination Janitor / Truck Driver at 70 Main St., Newport. The Janitor is responsible for maintaining the facility in presentable, clean appearance and safe condition. Provide reasonable maintenance and repairs as needed. Help to ensure a professional and presentable appearance of the 70 Main St. NEKCA building. The Truck Driver is responsible for pick-up and delivery of food, help load and unload food at agency site, and responsible for keeping truck clean and maintained.
To apply send a cover letter resume and 3 references to email provided below; FAX to 802-334-5249; or mail to NEKCA Human Resources, PO Box 346, Newport, VT 05855. E.O.E.
· To maintain building in good physical appearance
· To sweep or vacuum hallways, bathrooms, and reception area daily
· To clean bathroom facilities daily. Restock paper towels and toilet paper
· To empty office/main trash 2x week
· To mop reception area and hallways and bathrooms 3x weekly or as needed
· To clean woodwork, walls, stairway, and windows as necessary
· To collect recycling 2x weekly
· Take inventory weekly of cleaning supplies, paper towels and toilet paper.
· Clean refrigerators / freezers as needed
· May require heavy lifting, including putting in and taking out air conditioners
· Load / unload food trucks, lifting up to 65 lbs.
· Abode by all highway, village speed limits
· Vehicle maintenance (ensure the vehicle is inspected before each trip, oil is changed regularly, vehicle has been fueled, schedule repair/maintence visits, etc.)
· Work as part of the NEKCA team which includes effective communication.
Demonstrate competency in all six areas of NEKCAs Core Values. Demonstrate respect for all NEKCA clients, the choices they make and the challenges they face
Minimum Requirements Include:
· Required to authorize and pass NEKCA’s criminal record check process and driving record check process.
· Must be at least 21 year of age for insurance purposes
· Have an excellent driving record / have and maintain valid VT Driver’s License
· Ability to lift / carry up to 65 lbs.
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
· Must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and enjoy working with people
· Ability to maintain confidentiality