The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Some child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass a health screening.
- Associate's Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 credits in ECE.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools, or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat, or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required, including seeing up close and up to a certain distance, seeing colors, and having the peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
We understand that the home is the ideal place for a child to learn and grow. However, this is not possible for all children.
We, therefore, wish to serve as an extension of the home by nurturing, training, and instructing your child in a loving, safe, Christian environment.
- discounts on childcare to staff members.
- Discounts on tuition to staff members.
- Flexible scheduling.
- the Memphis Plan (medical and Dental)
- Christian work environment.
- Appreciation days for staff.
Salary : $10 to $12/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Memphis, TN