Do you love kids? Are you fun and full of energy? Do you enjoy collaborating with others? Are you a motivated self-starter? At H.O.P.E., our mission is to provide a safe nurturing environment and creative extended opportunities through fun academic, physical, and social engagement. We're looking for teammates who share our passion of providing hope to our youth.
H.O.P.E. (Home of Potential & Excellence) is seeking to add a part-time Youth Development Associate to our team. Under the direction of the Site Director, the Youth Development Associate is responsible for planning and implementing activities and executing daily lesson plans for the H.O.P.E After-School sites. The Associate will work with other site team members to foster children's social, physical, and academic growth.
What You'll Be Doing
- Set up and take down program space so that area is transformed into a child-friendly environment. This includes moving, cleaning, picking up and putting back furniture and equipment ensuring program space is left in organized fashion.
- Actively lead and engage a group of 15 to 20 children in activities outlined by the Site Director either inside or outside program areas and during transition times.
- Assist in planning and implementing a quality curriculum that meets Home of Potential and Excellence's guidelines.
- Attend all team meetings and in-service training as required by the program team members.
- Assist in controlling and maintaining supplies and inventory on site.
- Assist in monitoring licensing standards at the H.O.P.E After-School site to ensure the maintenance of all quality standards.
- Maintain positive relationships with H.O.P.E After-School personnel and administration and school staff.
- Assist in maintaining citywide policies and procedures.
- Assume duties as directed by the Site Director.
Hours & Salary
- 15-20 hours per week
- Monday-Wednesday & Friday: 3:30p-6:30p
- Position start date: July 26, 2021
What We Require:
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of Home of Potential and Excellence (H.O.P.E)
- An enthusiastic personality with the desire to serve members, volunteers, guests, participants and team members to create a culture of service and HOPE for families.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Three letters of reference
Nice To Haves
Pre-Field Training & Certifications:
- Infant/Adult First Aid, CPR/AED
- DHS Background Disclosure Form & Fingerprints
- Abuse Registry Check
- DHS Physical health form
- DHS fingerprint appt.
Salary : $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Non-Profit/Volunteering
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Hermitage, TN