The Assistant Teacher serves as a support to the Lead Teacher in managing the assigned classroom to establish a healthy, enriching , teaching environment. This person will exhibit excellent listening and communication skills, along with interpersonal skills in dealing with children, parents and other staff members. The Assistant Teacher will be under the direct supervision of the Lead Teacher. This position is a full time level of employment. Hourly rate will be determined commensurate with credentials of the candidate.
- Support the Lead Teacher in implementing weekly lesson plans
- Give assistance to ensuring the health, safety, and engagement of every child in the classroom
- Assist in setting up each learning center with activities current wit the teaching topic
- Support teaching by engaging in active play with children
- Provide needed help with additional scheduled activities, such as snack time , bathroom, breaks, naptime, and outside play
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of classroom supplies and equipment
- Perform the duties of the Lead Teacher when necessary
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, training events, and other scheduled events for the center
- Adhere to all DHS state and TN 3 Star regulations and requirements related to licensing
- Maintain commitment to professionalism by promoting center's philosophy and objectives and support NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Perform other job-related duties as deemed necessary by the lead teacher or facility director
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Nice To Haves
Experience in early childhood education.
No night shifts
Child care discount
Free schooling through TECTA
Health Care supplement
Faith based environment with team work
Tylertown Learning Center operates within a center-based play environment. It is our firm conviction that children learn best through play. We consider a play environment one of the most valuable and influential educational avenues we can offer our children. At Tylertown Learning Center, we focus on the individual child. We appreciate their uniqueness, and provide them with freedom to make and learn from their own choices. At TLC, we embrace the child's individual bent toward learning. Our overall focus is to instill in them a strong educational foundation and a life-long love of learning.
Salary : $8 to $10/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Clarksville, TN