The Newport Vermont Promise Community Early Care and Learning Center is seeking a qualified early childhood educator. The Teacher Assistant is responsible for the care and education of young children. The Teacher is responsible for creating a warm and nurturing relationship with each child, designing an environment that stimulates curiosity, and utilizing a dynamic "emergent" curriculum that is grounded in hands on exploration and play. The Teacher Assistant reports to the Lead Teacher.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- At least 18 years of age
- At least a Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level Three Certificate; or
- Current CDA
- At least successful completion of one 3 credit college course in child or human development
2 weeks paid vacation
Salary: $12 to $12/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Newport, VT