As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, treasury, strategic planning, investment portfolio oversight, relationships with member financial management.
- Establishes and maintains strategic relationships with Financial Management of NCTC Members and Suppliers to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Stays abreast of market and industry financial trends impacting NCTC Members and Suppliers and shares these insights with team members and stakeholders to ensure NCTC maximizes its value to members
- Manages processes and reporting for long-range planning, financial forecasting, budgets and key performance indicators.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the Finance, Accounting and Treasury functions of the organization.
- Attracts, develops and retains accounting and finance staff and consistently models the values of NCTC.
- Directs and oversees the development, implementation and operations of accounting systems/tools.
- Participates in creation of investment portfolio strategy with Investment Fund Managers, CEO and BOD/Finance Committee to ensure appropriate capital preservation and/or growth strategy in alignment with mission.
- Hires and oversees external auditors in collaboration with Controller and the BOD/Audit Committee.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting and that effective internal controls are in place.
- Participates in and presents at BOD meetings and industry events.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 3-5 years Public Accounting experience
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in cable tv, broadband or telecom.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong role model in areas of work ethic, living NCTC values, decision making, stewardship, adherence to company policies, commitment to mission and communication.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
NCTC provides its full-time, regular employees with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off (PTO) allowance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- On-site Fitness Center (HQ location only)
At NCTC, we're pioneering the future of the cable industry. Central to this aim are the people who work together to provide our membership solutions to solve challenges and get results. NCTC is a growth-oriented visionary that works with the best cable and broadband providers while partnering with suppliers and content providers who are laser focused on driving innovation in our industry.
Our work shapes the future of communications and supports more than 750 members who offer the technology that transforms the way people live and work. NCTC taps the strength of our member companies to navigate the changing landscape while creating new scale and efficiencies and industry leadership has never been more important. NCTC champions Americas independent cable and internet providers network innovators who create possibilities ignited by information, entertainment, and experiences. With a meeting of the minds culture, NCTC members succeed with scale, technology advantage, and shared expertise.
We are excited that you're here to join our team of innovators!
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Our well-rounded benefits package includes:
Generous paid time off (PTO) allowance
401(k) program with matching company contributions
Comprehensive health insurance coverage
Company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
Our industry is changing faster than ever before, and as it does, were creating new lines of business and figuring out innovative ways to help our member companies stay competitive. See your best ideas come to life!
We recognize that you are more than your job. That's why we invest in our team members with company-funded health savings accounts, tuition reimbursement, optional onsite fitness classes, financial wellness courses and community service projects.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 10+ Yrs
Location: Lenexa, KS