NCTC is looking to dramatically grow an existing line of business focused on the procurement of capital and operating expense items used by NCTC members to assist them with better economic terms for those items while supporting them with improved business decision making capabilities. As a result, NCTC seeks to add to their team an innovative and resourceful procurement leader with a track record of delivering superior results by implementing strategic procurement, sourcing, contracting, logistics, business development and relationship management programs that optimize the value that we provide to our members.
The Senior Director of Procurement is responsible for running a line of business to serve NCTC members while creating value for supplier/partners with greater efficiency and sales reach.
- Identifying procurement priorities of members and building trusted relationships with members
- Developing key supplier relationships
- Negotiating master agreements
- Optimizing order management processes and related technology
- Identifying and recommending a new Hosted Solution to replace the existing webstore technology as it relates to group purchasing; encapsulates an efficient ordering system coupled with timely status updates, pricing updates and return processing
- Tracking and reporting Key Performance Metrics for all aspects of the supply chain and supplier performance, including recommended actions for improvement
- Manage the portfolio of supplier contracts to ensure contracts are completed, renewed or rebid on time
- Develop and monitor key metrics, including but not limited to supply chain efficiencies, supplier performance, total cost of ownership; that measure performance against strategic initiatives, operational and financial budgets, and supports solid business decisions
- Actively engage with industry experts to ensure leading edge technology is incorporated, as appropriate, into the supply chain
- Develop and implement decision support cost modeling and focus on total cost of ownership, performance in collaboration with suppliers and members
- Develop educational resources for members needed to assess various technologies and solutions represented by partners including help in staying current with industry trends
- Manage business process outsourcing activities
- Collaborate with marketing, IT, Accounting, Operations, Business and Legal Affairs, and operations to accomplish the goals while executing within NCTC polices and values
- All other duties as assigned
- 5 years of senior level /procurement/ supply chain management experience; cable, broadband, technology experience strongly preferred
- Bachelors Degree Business required, Masters degree preferred. Engineering, finance experience a plus
- Keen understanding of and experience negotiating technology and hardware procurement contracts required. Experience in cable, broadband, technology preferred
- Strong leadership, communications skills
- Keen understanding of formal procurement sourcing methods and management through use of competitive solicitations (RFPs) required
- Established relationships with industry suppliers and/or members
- Formal Purchasing Certifications (e.g., CPM) preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Travel between 30% and 40%
- Denver or Kansas City based
NCTC provides its full-time, regular employees with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life-insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off (PTO) allowance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- On-site Fitness Center
At NCTC, we're pioneering the future of the cable industry. Central to this aim are the people who work together to provide our membership solutions to solve challenges and get results. NCTC is a growth-oriented visionary that works with the best cable and broadband providers while partnering with suppliers and content providers who are laser focused on driving innovation in our industry.
Our work shapes the future of communications and supports more than 750 members who offer the technology that transforms the way people live and work. NCTC taps the strength of our member companies to navigate the changing landscape while creating new scale and efficiencies and industry leadership has never been more important. NCTC champions Americas independent cable and internet providers network innovators who create possibilities ignited by information, entertainment, and experiences. With a meeting of the minds culture, NCTC members succeed with scale, technology advantage, and shared expertise.
We are excited that you're here to join our team of innovators!
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Our well-rounded benefits package includes:
Generous paid time off (PTO) allowance
401(k) program with matching company contributions
Comprehensive health insurance coverage
Company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
Our industry is changing faster than ever before, and as it does, were creating new lines of business and figuring out innovative ways to help our member companies stay competitive. See your best ideas come to life!
We recognize that you are more than your job. That's why we invest in our team members with company-funded health savings accounts, tuition reimbursement, optional onsite fitness classes, financial wellness courses and community service projects.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 5 Yrs
Location: Lenexa, KS