Do you want to make a difference in the life of young children? Join our Greater Louisville Headstart team at St Benedict center. We are searching for an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher to lead our 3-5 year old Headstart classroom. Applicant must love children and have an associate degree in early childhood or willing to go to school to achieve. We are commitment to ensure all employees feel valued, with a robust benefit package including a bonus plan.
- Ensure classroom arrangement, materials and displays are organized and conducive to children's learning.
- Maintain positive teacher-child interactions that provide emotional support and behavior management.
- Implement GLHS's chosen curriculum with fidelity, being aware of the big ideas while also following all guidance and resources.
- Prepare or modify weekly lesson plans and prepare to implement individual plans, small-group activities and other curriculum components.
- Provide children with a consistent classroom routine and facilitate all parts of the routine to support child learning.
- Interact with children intentionally throughout the day to provide differentiated support.
- Collect documentation of children through ongoing observation, embedded and direct assessment activities.
- Complete quarterly assessment checkpoints, reliably, for each child.
- Analyze child assessment data and use it to plan and individualize.
- Complete developmental and social-emotional screenings on all children within prescribed time frames.
- Integrate Individual Education Plans (IEPs) or referral action plans for children with diagnosed or suspected special needs.
- Establish positive and productive relationships with families through building rapport and trust.
- Schedule and complete two home visits and two parent-teacher conferences each year.
- Participate in ongoing reflective coaching and self-assessment.
- Collaborate with the assistant teacher and other staff in the center.
- Share pertinent information with family services, disabilities/mental health or health/nutrition staff, as needed, to meet the needs of individual children and families. Participate in case conferences as appropriate.
In addition, the teacher will:
- Know and understand GLHS's School Readiness Goals and strive to help all children achieve them.
- Provide classroom experiences that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally and age-appropriate for the children served.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, including full supervision of children at all times, and monitoring of daily health/safety practices in accordance with Head Start and childcare licensing requirements.
- Maintain required documentation of activities, including child and family information, assessment data, volunteer logs, etc.
- Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
- AA/AS in Early Childhood Education
- OR BA/BS in Early Childhood Education -OR- State awarded preschool teacher certification with experience teaching preschool aged children-OR- BA/BS in related fields with at least six college courses in Early Childhood Education plus experience teaching preschool aged children (or must agree to complete one of these requirements within 2 years of hire. Tuition assistance is available).
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Must have a valid state issued ID; valid KY driver's license preferred
- Must have reliable transportation.
Nice To Haves
- 2 or more years experience working in Early Childhood classroom
- Bachelors in Early Childhood or related field
- Knowledge of Headstart
St. Benedict Center is a non-profit child care and early learning center in Louisville, KY.
Salary : $15 to $18/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Louisville, KY