The Center Director is responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education for all children within the center's care. The Center Director is directly accountable for overall operational management in accordance with well-established guidelines, including curriculum development, staff and facilities supervision and management, legal and budgetary considerations, and long range planning. The Center Director ensures that the needs of the students and the goals of the Center are met appropriately. This Position Reports to Children's Management Committee and Senior Pastor.
- Establish and advance a vision for the Center. Manage adherence to quality standards in accordance with the vision and with state and local requirements. Maintain quality effectiveness measurements.
- Develop general educational curricula; collaborate with staff to develop positive learning activities.
- Manage adherence to state and local regulations.
- Maintain student records in accordance with established enrollment procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain communications with parents of current and prospective students through direct conversation, newsletters and parent handbook; implement community outreach activities to maintain and promote positive community relationships.
- Approve menus and food purchases.
- Maintain positive relationships with regulatory agencies; ensure legal and financial compliance.
- Oversee all office functions including payroll, accounts payable and receivable, tuition billing and payment, human resources, staff supervision and purchasing.
- Resolve conflicts including corrective action when necessary to ensure a positive experience for everyone.
- Manage budget planning and review.
- Establish illness and emergency procedures; ensures staff is trained appropriately.
- Implement a strategic plan and goals in keeping with the mission of the program.
- Maintain a personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor and Church to foster relationship between the Church and the Center. Promote our shared vision.
- Attend Church staff meetings as requested
- Work closely with Church Facilities Manager
- Foster relationships in the community, seeking growth for the Center and collaboration with the Church and community
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in early childhood education or a related field with multiple years of experience in early childhood education
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- 5 years of direct professional experience in an early childhood setting.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; technology skills.
- Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- Strong understanding of child development.
- Strong finance and budgeting skills.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Fundraising and Grant Writing experience.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear a full background check.
- Must pass health screening to satisfy DHS requirements.
Nice To Haves
Health Insurance, Retirement
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 5 Yrs
Location : Nashville, TN