To carry out a prescribed program of enrichment experiences for children enrolled at the academy.
- Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- Care for children in our Academy
- Sanitize toys and play equipment.
- Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to parents' or guardians' attention.
- Observe and monitor children's play activities.
- Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Instruct children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
- Read to children and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
- Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.
- Perform some cleaning duties, such as keeping rooms clean, sweeping, take trash to big trash can and make sure bathrooms are clean.
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Communicate with children's parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Assist in preparing food and serving meals and refreshments to children.
- Create developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
- Regulate children's rest periods.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as taking attendance, editing internal paperwork, and making phone calls.
- Perform general personnel functions, such as supervision, training, and scheduling.
Must have knowledge in teaching and caring for Toddlers and Preschoolers. Must have a servant heart and unending flexibility when facing challenging situations. Must maintain confidentiality of relationships with and information about children and their families. Teacher must be a high school graduate or have GED equivalency and at least 18 years of age.
Nice To Haves
Benefits are for the teachers who work 26 hours or more. Those consists of bereavement days, paid holidays and paid time off.
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Hixson, TN