We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Teacher working with our in our State-of-the-Art facility. At The Gardner School, you will be part of a caring, fun, dynamic group of professional teachers that thrive on providing exceptional educational experiences. You will work in an environment that values your contributions and provides you with the resources you need to apply high-quality, developmentally appropriate programs. Your experience and expertise are highly valued, your contributions are recognized, and your professional goals are supported. If you have a desire and passion to make a difference in the lives of children and parents, The Gardner School is the place for you!
- Develop and maintain a safe and nurturing classroom environment in which children can learn and grow.
- Introduce and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum which reflects observations and goals of individual children.
- Plan and execute age-appropriate weekly lesson plans.
- Engage and communicate with individual children during the activities and routines.
- Facilitate regular parent/guardian communication and conferences to discuss orientation, transitions, and development goals.
- Follow all safety and health rules while supervising all children at all times.
- Demonstrate awareness of the entire group whether working with a small group or individuals.
- Keep the environment and equipment safe, clean and attractive.
- Support organizational mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies to parent/guardians and coworkers.
- Offer and share ideas and materials with coworkers.
- Participate actively with your peers through communication, collaboration, and curriculum planning.
- Meet state licensing requirements for education and experience.
- BS or BA degree in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education or related degree.
- One year of professional experience working with two year olds.
- Must love working with children and have a loving and nurturing personality.
- Excellent communication skills, including personal face-to-face communications with parents, staff, and children.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Ability to multi-task
- Regular and reliable attendance
Nice To Haves
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of general administrative tasks
We offer full medical benefits, 401k and discounted tuition. Along with:
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off/ Vacation
- Growth Opportunity
The Gardner School is an academically-focused preschool for ages 6 Weeks to 5 Years. We have created a rich learning environment that stimulates our students' physical, social, emotional, and intellectual growth. We provide extensive training, orientation, and continuing education programs. We have locations in Illinois, Kentucky, Minnesota, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia. We strongly believe in promoting from within, rewarding our amazing teachers with opportunities to grow within our privately-owned company. Above all, we choose faculty members who love the early childhood profession and have a strong, positive curiosity about life that sparks confidence and joy in those around them.
Salary : $14 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : Bachelor's
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Nashville, TN