We have an exciting opportunity for a Classroom Floater working with our students in our State-of-the-Art facility. In this position, you will provide additional support to our teachers and assistant teachers. At The Gardner School, you will be part of a caring, fun, dynamic group of professional teachers that thrive on providing exceptional educational experiences. You will work in an environment that values your contributions and provides you with the resources you need to apply high-quality, developmentally appropriate programs. Your experience and expertise are highly valued, your contributions are recognized, and your professional goals are supported. If you have a desire and passion to make a difference in the lives of children and parents, The Gardner School is the place for you.
- Assist with Teacher and Assistant Teacher lunch breaks in classrooms.
- Provide support and assistance throughout the school.
- Assist with special projects.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, nurturing, and healthy learning environment in which children can grow.
- Fill in for Teachers and Assistant Teachers when necessary.
- Greet each child by name and acknowledge parents during drop off and pick up times.
- Ensure the safety of each child.
- Maintain confidentiality of school directives, curriculum, and software.
- Be familiar with policies and procedures of The Gardner School and State Licensing Agencies.
- Maintain professional and positive relationships with the parents and coworkers.
- Advise the Director or Assistant Director of any supplies needed for the upcoming month.
- Follow the standards set forth for the conduct and responsibilities of all staff members who come in contact with children.
- Update the parent communication app with daily activities and photos of the children when assisting in the classroom.
- Meet state licensing requirements for education and experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience working with children in a classroom environment.
- Must love working with children and have a loving and nurturing personality.
- Excellent communication skills, including personal face-to-face communications with parents, staff, and children.
- Have a teamwork mindset, strong communication skills, organizational skills, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to mult-task in a fast-paced environment.
Nice To Haves
We offer full medical benefits, 401k and discounted tuition. Along with the following:
- Flexible Schedule
- Growth opportunity
The Gardner School is an academically-focused preschool for ages 6 Weeks to 5 Years. We have created a rich learning environment that stimulates our students' physical, social, emotional, and intellectual growth. We provide extensive training, orientation, and continuing education programs. We have locations in Illinois, Kentucky, Minnesota, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia. We strongly believe in promoting from within, rewarding our amazing teachers with opportunities to grow within our privately-owned company. Above all, we choose faculty members who love the early childhood profession and have a strong, positive curiosity about life that sparks confidence and joy in those around them.
Salary : $12 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Nashville, TN