Stepping Stones Preschool is hiring 2 assistant teachers to join our team. We are a close knit working environment. Patience, flexibility, and willingness to work across age groups is a must. Reliability and commitment to high quality care is also critical. Position 1- Full-Time Assistant in our infant/toddler classroom. Position 2- Part-Time Floater between the infant/toddler and preschool classroom.
- Teacher Assistant supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Fundamentals, CDA, or related college coursework
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Proctorsville, VT