The Distance Learning Educator is responsible for communicating with families, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the virtual classroom. Educators must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The educator must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children and resolve parental concerns.
This position reports to the Head Start Center Director-Center Based. This is a full time (40 hours per week) contracted position through August 31, 2021. Position may be renewed or transitioned to in person educator.
The premise of Head Start is simple: every child, regardless of circumstances at birth, has the ability to reach their full potential. Working in partnership with Family & Children's Place, Greater Louisville Head Start is a free program helping nearly 450 families each year by:
- Enhancing each child's growth and development
- Strengthening parents' ability to nurture their child
- Connecting families with needed community resources
- Providing children with educational, health, and nutritional services
Early Head Start is designed for income-eligible children from birth through age 3, with families choosing between daily programs at learning centers around Louisville or weekly home visits. Head Start is designed for income-eligible children from ages 3 to 5 and is offered only at learning centers. Both Early Head Start and Head Start are inclusive of children and families with disabilities and/or special needs.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by choosing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage Family and child success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain weekly virtual meetings with families to set, review, and adjust goals for children
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, home visits, and parent-educator conferences.
- Ensure all program policies, Head Start regulations and state regulations are met.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Deliver materials and supplies to families as needed
- Associate's Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Valid Kentucky driver's license, insurance, and reliable transportation
- Able to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to drive.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Nice To Haves
Salary : $12.24 to $18.36/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Contract
Remote Type : Optional Remote
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 2 Yrs
Location : Louisville, KY