We are looking for a Preschool Co-Teacher who is flexible, nurturing and enthusiastic about working in an Inquiry-based progressive preschool setting. HPUMP is a Reggio-inspired school with beautiful indoor and outdoor classrooms, a natural playscape and hiking trails.
Our goal is to identify passionate individuals whose educational and experiential assets will enhance our preschool's unique Reggio- inspired approach.
You are the right candidate for CLASSROOM CO-TEACHER if...
You believe children are strong and able.
You respect and value children.
You want to build close relationships with families.
You are eager to learn and apply new practice.
You have at least two years experience with children 0-60 months old.
You have some familiarity with the Reggio approach or Inquiry-based learning
You have solid communication skills.
You are able to work closely and effectively with partner teachers.
Our calendar is roughly aligned with the Hamilton County school year calendar. Teachers work 23.75 hour weeks during the 40 week school year.
CO-TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION 2020-2021
1. To act as a role model for young children demonstrating compassionate concern and Christian behavior.
2. To cooperate and work with other staff members in promoting the overall program of the school.
3. To propose daily lesson projections consistent with the developmental philosophy of the school, meet individual needs of each child, proceed from a Reggio inspired approach
4. To be familiar with the Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale (ECERS) and to be able to apply its highest standards in the classroom setting.
5. To care for rooms and equipment in a responsible way.
6. To understand procedures for fire, tornado, earthquake and medical emergencies as described in the Emergency Management Manual and carry them out with intent and calmness.
7. To plan with and clarify expectations with co-teacher and any classroom volunteers.
8. To arrive in the classroom by 8:45 am and stay until 1:30.
9. To leave classroom areas indoor and outdoor in tidy manner.
10. To handle all confidential information in a professional manner.
11. To attend staff meetings and evening family events as called by Director. ..
12. Meet the in-service requirements set by the Tennessee Department of Human Services. (Minimum of 18 hours per year including 3 hours of training on the TN-ELDS every 3 years and current CPR/First Aid certification.)
13.Follow appropriate sanitizing procedures daily
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Accident Insurance, secondary to your personal medical insurance
Teacher Liability Insurance
Workers Compensation Insurance
In service training fees paid when the training is approved by the Director in advance
NAEYC or NAREA membership
Tuition Discount of waived registration fee and 50% reduction in tuition