Job Summary: Toddler and PreK Teachers
We are a Christian based childcare center and looking to add energetic, motivated individuals to our team. Teachers are expected to create and implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans/activities and to create and maintain a safe, clean, and welcoming learning environment for the children. Teachers are also expected to learn and follow both company and state policy and procedures.
Full and part time positions are available for most age groups (1yr old thru PreK). All applicants must be 18 years of age, a US citizen, and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Related keywords: preschool teacher, daycare, child care, teacher, preschool
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists and supervises children during all activities.
- Develops, plans and prepares instructional aids/materials for classroom activities.
- Ensures that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom is appropriately maintained.
- Assists children with meal times and clean-up. Completes all center/classroom paperwork, e.g., daily notes, student accident reports and attendance records.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, in-service, center events and parent meetings as requested.
- Prepares and implements classroom lesson plans/program, organization and schedule.
- Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel are not available, e.g.,
- Ensures that all classroom/outdoor equipment is in good working condition and is used/maintained properly.
- Inspect and replace damaged toys, clothing or other lost materials.
- Physically arranges the classroom into well-defined interest areas. Directs activities of other staff in the classroom to ensure that classroom functions in an orderly manner.
- Communicates appropriate information to parents; maintains developmental progress checklists for children. Schedules and conducts two parent/teacher conferences per year.
- Communicate any problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Report any suspected child abuse (physical or sexual) immediately to the Child Abuse/Neglect Hotline. Maintain confidentiality. Maintains parent board and their classroom bulletin boards.
- Meets with prospective families; communicates appropriately with potential new customers; assists Supervisor with center tours for prospective customers.
- Ensures that classroom medication schedule is followed. (Note: Teacher does not administer medication.).
- Meets all state requirements for the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: High School Diploma or equivalent . Effective team player able to work well with others. Competent ability to understand and adhere to company policies, operating procedures and federal or state regulations. Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision. Effectively able to communicate verbally and in writing. Attention to detail and able to prioritize to complete tasks in a timely manner. Attentive and diligent with a good work ethic. Safely able t meet the needs of children ages infant-5 years old to include performing first aid and CPR techniques. Demonstrated ability to react with a sense of urgency. Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit, stand, kneel and/or crouch for continuous periods of time. Must be able to lift or carry up to 30 lbs., reach over head and raise arms up during each scheduled shift. Work Conditions: Must be able to work in warm, not and cold climate environments to include indoor and outdoor environments. Must be able to perform functions with periodic moderate noise, distractions and/or smells related to food and toileting. Must manage approved work schedule not to exceed over 40 hours without management approval.
Nice To Haves
Preferred work experience, but will train if you have a heart to work with toddlers- 5 years old.
Paid Holidays for full-time employees after 90 days.
Salary : $10 to $11/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Murfreesboro, TN