Under the supervision of the lead teacher, the assistant teacher will help in the day to day operations of the preschool classroom, inclusive of health and safety, supervision, planning and implementing curriculum, working well with coworkers, and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities to child: 1. To implement procedures required by licensing agency for operating childcare in Tennessee.
2. To assure that the teaching areas are safe, healthy, attractive and conducive to effective learning.
3. To assist Lead Teacher with daily communication logs being completed and made available to the parents.
4. To assist Lead Teacher with planned classroom activities, including meal and supplement time, provide for development in all of the targeted areas: socialization, emotional health, self-help skills, gross and fine motor skills, language and cognition.
5. To assist cook in serving meals to your classroom if needed.
Responsibilities to Parents:
1. To be visible and available to parents.
2. To keep parents informed of day to day activities of their child.
3. To protect the confidentiality of the information on each child and family.
Responsibilities to Staff:
1. To maintain confidentiality.
2. To understand and follow the grievance policy in the personnel handbook.
3. To serve as a role model for other assistant teachers, substitutes, interns and volunteers.
Responsibilities to Executive Director
1. To clock in and out on a daily basis and be punctual.
2. To make requests for PTO in accordance with personnel policy.
3. To meet with the Executive Director to evaluate performance and set goals through using problem solving and professional development techniques.
4. To maintain 18 training hours annually, including CPR and First Aid certification and a current physical prior to employment.
Responsibilities to the Children's Center of Knoxville
1. To be involved in Center activities.
2. To attend staff meetings on the first Monday of every month, unless it falls upon a holiday.
3. To work with the Executive Director, the assistant teachers and other staff in a positive manner, showing such persons professional courtesies, making certain that the work atmosphere is conducive to and consistent with the best interest of the child, the Center and the Center's policies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel classified.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent
One year experience preferred