The full time teacher will be responsible for the classroom operation, inclusive of health and safety, supervision, planning, parent communication, working collaboratively with co-teacher/assistants, and all day to day responsibilities of a preschool classroom.
Responsibilities to child:
1. To implement procedures required by licensing agency for operating child care in Tennessee.
2. To assure that the teaching areas are safe, healthy, attractive and conducive to effective learning.
3. To assign duties to the assistant teachers, substitutes, interns and volunteers and provide for the most effective use of staff, space and equipment to meet the needs of the child.
4. To assume final responsibility for the completion of lesson plans and developmental assessments.
5. To assume final responsibility for daily communication logs being completed and made available to the parents. Complete ProCare communications with parents as necessary throughout the day.
6. To assure that planned classroom activities, including meal and supplement time, provide for development in all of the targeted areas: socialization, emotional health, self-help skills, gross and fine motor skills, language and cognition.
7. To work with the Family Services Coordinator to monitor special needs children, ie: coordinating classroom lesson plans with IFSPs to meet their needs and attend M-Team meetings.
8. To assist cook in serving meals to your classroom if needed.
Responsibilities to Parents:
1. To be visible and available to parents with responsibility for the classroom environment.
2. To schedule and attend parent conferences on a triannual basis or upon request.
3. To keep parents informed of day to day activities of their child.
4. If a child becomes ill while in CCK care, lead/co-lead teachers are responsible for informing the parent in a timely manner.
5. To protect the confidentiality of the information on each child and family.
Responsibilities to Staff:
1. To maintain confidentiality.
2. To understand and follow the grievance policy in the personnel handbook.
3. To serve as a role model for assistant teachers, substitutes, interns and volunteers.
4. To alert the Family Services Coordinator to pertinent family needs or to a child's need for further evaluation, therapy, etc., at any time the need is evident.
5. To inform the Family Services Coordinator if a child is absent more than 2 consecutive days, if a child's attendance pattern is affecting his or her ability to profit from the classroom program or if a child will be away from the Center on vacation.
Responsibilities to Executive Director
1. To clock in and out on a daily basis and be punctual.
2. To make requests for PTO in accordance with personnel policy.
3. To meet with the Executive Director to evaluate performance and set goals through using problem solving and professional development techniques.
4. To maintain 18 training hours annually, including CPR and First Aid certification and a current physical at time of hire.
Responsibilities to the Children's Center of Knoxville
1. To be involved in Center activities.
2. To complete 18 hours of continued education annually, March 1-February 28th.
a. TN-ELDS completed every 3 years, Physical completed prior to employment, CPR/First Aid every 2 years.
3. To attend staff meetings on the first Monday of every month, unless it falls upon a holiday.
4. To work with the Executive Director, the assistant teachers and other staff in a positive manner, showing such persons professional courtesies, making certain that the work atmosphere is conducive to and consistent with the best interest of the child, the Center and the Center's policies.
***Other Duties as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel classified.
CDA, Associates, or BA
First Aid CPR within 90 days of employment
Ability to pass a background clearance
Physical completion upon hire
Negative drug screen upon hire
FT employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, PTO