Blakemore Children's Center is urgently hiring both full time and part time teachers! Come join our collaborative team of educators who seek out opportunities to spark wonder as they learn along with children ages 6 weeks-5 years old. Are you looking for professional growth in your early childhood teaching journey? We value your experiences with children and your input, and are looking for someone who can combine that experience with a willingness to learn. Blakemore seeks to create collaboration on all levels--between children, educators, parents, and even the classroom environment.
- Location: Blakemore Children's Center is located in Nashville's West End adjacent to Elmington Park and right off of 440
- Age of children you'll be working with: primarily 2.5 years to 5 years old in a mixed-age group
- Teaching team: work with a team of 3-4 early childhood educators in a collaborative environment
- Typical shift: Monday-Friday 9:30-5:30 with a 30 minute paid break
What is a typical day like?
Because we base the experiences we offer children on what they show an interest and passion for, no two days are exactly alike. We have predictable routines in place like meal times and potty, but there is a lot of freedom for educators to collaboratively create dynamic experiences for children. Teachers have a responsibility to diligently supervise children so that they are safe and well cared for. The preschool space is in a house which is used like one classroom, and this contributes to the home-like atmosphere. We believe that anything that can be done inside can be duplicated outside, so we spend large amounts of time outside on the playground.
- Candidates must have a high school diploma (or equivalent), must be able to pass a background and abuse registry check, and must be eligible to work in the United States.
- A passion for working with young children; a view of children as highly capable, active participants in their own learning, and a commitment to provide them with the best possible care.
- A willingness to get on the level of children, sing silly song, and be playful
- Ability to get along with others and value their differences, listen well, and resolve conflict in a respectful manner.
- Flexible, able to adapt to diverse situations that may arise.
- Self-motivated--take initiative to fulfill typical responsibilities and help out in other ways as needed.
- Preference will be given to candidates with early childhood professional experience and education, especially in a Reggio-inspired school, but is not required. We are willing to train the right person!
Nice To Haves
- Fully paid health insurance for full time employees
- Eligible to enroll in dental and vision insurance as well as Aflac
- Generous paid time off
- 3 weeks paid vacation (1 week for part time) plus one paid week between Christmas and New Year's
- 10 paid sick days (5 for part time)
- 2 paid personal days (1 for part time)
- Paid holidays and inclement weather closings
- Access to high quality professional development opportunities
- Staff discount for childcare
Salary : $11 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Nashville, TN