The Goddard School is hiring! Enrich your career while enriching the lives of children at the area's premier, private preschool and child care. Opportunity abounds as our company recently opened a second Sumner County location in Gallatin (Kennesaw Farms). We are currently interviewing for all positions at Hendersonville and Gallatin.
A PRESCHOOL teacher must meet the qualifications of his/her state and the following qualifications:
- the ability to understand and support the education program using "learning through play" philosophy;
- the ability to interact closely with children at their level;
- the ability to keep children within sight and sound supervision at all times;
- the ability to change children's diapers and/or assist in toileting (where necessary);
- the ability to understand and comply with the franchisee's employment policies;
- the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with school personnel, children and parents;
- the ability to handle crisis situations, including assisting in evacuating the building during emergencies; and
- the ability to comply in all respects with all applicable laws and regulations relating to childcare.
The teacher's responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment
Advance children's physical and intellectual competence
Establish positive and effective family relations
Ensure an effective program, responsive to children's needs
Maintain professional commitment
All candidates who wish to be considered for the position of lead teacher must meet one or more of the following criteria, in addition to any/all requirements that may be mandated by their state and/or local licensing authorities:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field, including 18 semester hours of completed coursework related to young children birth to age 8.
- An Associate's degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development or a related field.
- An Associate's degree or higher in a related field, including 18 semester hours of completed coursework related to young children birth to age 8.
- A current CDA or Early Childhood Teaching Credential.
- Proof of current and active enrollment in a CDA Credentialing Program.
- Proof of current and active enrollment in an accredited Associate's or Bachelor's degree program in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
Nice To Haves
Grow your career in a professional, supportive environment! Benefits include:
-Paid holidays, including Christmas break
-Paid time off, starting at two weeks and increases with tenure
-Medical, dental and vision plans
-Employer sponsored retirement plan
-Monthly budget for classroom enrichment
-Reduced tuition for child care
-Ongoing training and development opportunities
Minimum Education : None
Job Type : Full Time
Category : None
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Gallatin, TN