Sweetwater Academy is looking for a caring compassionate Child Care Worker who has experience caring for children to work in our two year old room We are committed to providing top quality care and education for students who are enrolled in our program. Our goal is to enhance the lives of every child that attends our facility. If you are a patient, caring professional with a background in child care, we hope you will contact us. The hours are 2:30-6:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Sweetwater Academy and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance and adhere to the Sweetwater Academy policies and procedures.
- Assists in other capacities that Management determines is necessary.
- Pass a criminal background check
- Maintain a current First Aid, CPR,Health and Safety, Fire Safety and required Annual training hours.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Daily kneeling, stooping and siting on the floor to attend to children's needs.
- Perform duties in an active environment with changes in climate and noise level.
- Work the hours 2:30 pm until 6:30 pm, Monday-Friday
Nice To Haves
Some Early childhood college class or a CDA
Salary: $8 to $9.50/Hr
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Part Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Douglasville, Ga