Ga. Pre K Teacher Assistant supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the Teacher Assistant observes and documents childrens interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Teacher Assistant are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on childrens interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Valid Paraprofessional Certificate (issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission)
Valid Child Development Associate (CDA) credential (issued by the Council for Professional Recognition)
TCC (Technical Certificate of Credit) in Early Childhood Education
TCD (Technical College Diploma) in Early Childhood Education
AA, AS, AAS, AAT (Associate Degree)
BA, BS (Bachelor Degree)
Georgia PSC Certified Teacher
MA, MS (Masters Degree)
Specialist Degree or PhD
Minimum Education: Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Douglasville, GA