We are seeking passionate educators to instruct preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth.
- Responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Plan, organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Observe all rules and regulations of Kids 'R' Kids of Cascade and all local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assess each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implement the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the our curriculum.
- Maintain an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provide verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Responsible for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attend all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintain overall professional personal appearance adhering to the school guideline.s
- Assist in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
- Early childhood education credentials - minimum CDA (Child Development Associate)
- TCC (Technical Certificate of Credit), Associate's, Bachelor's or higher degree a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with children
- Be flexible and energetic on the job
- Have the ability to juggle multiple duties
- Able to resolve conflicts between children
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices and Bright from the Start rules and regulations
Paid holidays after 90 day probationary period. PTO/vacation time.
Minimum Education: High School or Equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 1 Yr
Location: Atlanta, GA