Ready Set Grow Childcare is a new center and currently in needed of teachers for infants up to children 5 years of age. We are looking to hire outgoing and reliable individuals who absolutely love teaching and working with children. We need someone who is energetic, self-motivated, flexible, and is able/willing to grow. We expect our teachers to be both present and proactive in the development of their students. Is this you?
The Teacher is responsible for developing/coordinating the curriculum and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are followed and met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintaining required training hours and attending regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to pass thorough background check
- Ability to obtain a negative Tuberculosis skin test
- High energy
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills
- Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment
- A strong understanding of child development
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- CPR certified
Nice To Haves
- Previous childcare experience
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- Discounted childcare
Salary : $9 to $11/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Louisville, KY