Instruct preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for primary school in preschool, day care center, or other child development facility. May be required to hold State certification.
- Implement a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Attend to children's basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, and changing their diapers.
- Teach basic skills, such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Teach proper eating habits and personal hygiene.
- Serve meals and snacks in accordance with nutritional guidelines.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to children.
- Demonstrate activities to children.
- Arrange indoor and outdoor space to facilitate creative play, motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Prepare reports on students and activities as required by administration.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Organize and label materials and display students' work in a manner appropriate for their ages and perceptual skills.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Supervise, evaluate, and plan assignments for teacher assistants and volunteers.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of preschool programs.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students' needs and progress.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Professional attitude
- Accomplished and passionate about working with children!
- Must follow DSS regulations and maintain DSS regulated ratios at all times.
- Challenging their thinking and nourishing their minds
- Constantly interacting with students
- Education in ECE preferred, Associates or Bachelor degrees are welcome to apply
- Must pass a SCDSS Central Registry as well as SLED background check
- Must have 1 year work experience in a licensed Childcare Facility
Nice To Haves
- Full-Time, 5-day work week
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly Classroom Curriculum Budget
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Competitive benefits
- Professional, fun and family-oriented environment
A PRESCHOOL WHERE PROFESSIONALS TEACH FIRST CLASS KIDS!
Kids 'R' Kids Greenville is a locally owned and operated licensed preschool. We are a preschool of academic excellence, not a daycare. We utilize a standards driven, year-round curriculum that is designed and updated quarterly by professional child care educators exclusively for Kids 'R' Kids. Academic objectives are cross-referenced to reflect National and South Carolina standards.
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Greenville, SC