MFCC is seeking candidates who are self-directed and creative, who have the skills and experience necessary to fulfill the duties of Office & Outreach Operations Manager. This position is responsible for assuring for the smooth business operations of the MFCC, including the administrative support and management for front office reception, emergency food shelf, and general community outreach. This position is also responsible for providing the leadership and administrative support to effectively manage MFCC's in-house operations for technology, building management, social marketing, community events, and fundraisers.
Applications accepted until position filled.
- Manage the MFCC front office and reception procedures, assuring for a welcoming and professional reception for everyone entering and accessing services and support at MFCC.
- Participate as an active member of the MFCC Leadership Team at weekly meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Leadership Team for the planning and presentation of the MFCC Annual Meeting.
- Provide daily supervision and scheduling, in coordination with the Learning Together Coordinator, of the front office and food shelf personnel and volunteers.
- Manage the in-house I/T needs, including but not limited to: setting up of MFCC email accounts, management of participant & donor data base systems, MFCC phone system, MFCC website, and building security access.
- Manage, in collaboration with the MFCC Leadership Team, all MFCC social media, marketing materials, and outreach activities, including but not limited to:
- MFCC website
- MFCC e-newsletter
- MFCC Annual Report
- MFCC Facebook
- Press releases
- MFCC brochures, banners, signage, etc.
- Conduct, manage, and supervise the process of collecting and entering constituent data as needed for specific applications, reports, or mailings.
- Coordinate the annual United Way giving campaign for MFCC employees
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Finance Director for the implementation of an annual appeal and ongoing donor solicitation:
- Assure all donations are recorded and acknowledged promptly and correctly.
- Provide for timely and accurate donor data tracking via the use of the MFCC database and Microsoft excel spreadsheets
- Maintain current and prospective donor contact information.
- Coordinate the compiling and delivery of the annual appeal
- Assure for the professional and timely completion of all administrative tasks, delegating duties to office staff or volunteers as appropriate, including:
- Timely and grammatically correct MFCC outreach correspondence (ie. Thank you letters, e-newsletter articles, social media public posts, etc.)
- Maintenance and update of all MFCC general forms (new employee packets, release forms, application forms, purchase requisitions, mileage forms, etc.)
- Daily front office management & reception (greeting visitors, answering phones, check voicemail, maintaining clean and organized reception area)
- Manage the inventory of office supplies for MFCC offices, staff, and programs. Order new/replacement supplies as necessary, within approved budgetary guidelines
- Coordinate the daily delivery, pick up and distribution of USPS mail for MFCC.
- Complete data entry of donors, constituents, volunteers, and personnel into the MFCC data base.
- Receive and acknowledge donations to MFCC from the community.
- Provide oversight and management of MFCC building, grounds, and equipment:
- Schedule building use requests from external partner agencies, groups, or individuals
- Serve as primary contact for building grounds & maintenance contractors
- Coordinate necessary building repair or maintenance needs with appropriate external contractors and vendors.
- Manage the effective use of all MFCC office & building equipment (fax machine, printer/copier, postage meter, time clocks, phones, temperature stand, video doorbell, etc. ), coordinating repairs/maintenance as necessary.
- Manage the MFCC Emergency Food Shelf in collaboration with the MFCC Learning Together Coordinator:
- Supervise the daily operations of the MFCC Emergency Food
- Collect monthly and annual data internally for MFCC database, and as requested by the VT Foodbank
- Apply, as appropriate, for available mini-grant or corporate giving funding to benefit the MFCC Food Shelf.
- Coordinate daily volunteer tasks for front office and food shelf.
- Maintain daily volunteer and staff schedule to assure for necessary coverage to operate food shelf program operating hours. Coordinate coverage as necessary for special events/delivery of food donations that happen off-hours.
- Maintain and build collaborative partnerships and relations with community partners to support the MFCC Food shelf (Hannaford, Madeleines Bakery, VT Foodbank, United Way, Town of Milton, Rotary, local businesses and civic groups).
- Provide administrative support and supervision for the coordinated delivery of special events as related to the food shelf (community food drives, Thanksgiving assistance, Fill-A-Truck event, holiday food assistance, etc.)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- At least 3 positive work references
- Associates degree or equivalent in Business Management, Administration, or other related field.
- Proven track record of administrative duties (2 years minimum) documenting progressive responsibility and supervision experience.
- Competence in technology, data systems, and social media
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Skilled in organization, prioritization, and time management
- Lifting and carrying boxes is required, must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Some travel is required, must have reliable transportation
Nice To Haves
Knowledge of non-profit business management
Experience working within an human services or early childhood organization
Knowledge of Vermont Parent Child Centers
Paid vacation, sick and personal leave
Long Term Disability insurance
Employer contribution to MFCC's health insurance plan
Child care discount for employee's children enrolled in MFCC child care program
10 Paid Holidays
Access to supplemental employee benefits
Salary : $15 to $17/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Non-Profit/Volunteering
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Milton, VT