Skillz 4 Life Childcare and Wellness center is seeking preschool teachers. This position offers a competitive salary plus paid vacation and holidays.
- Create a high level teaching and learning environment for young children.
- Use initiative and creativity to encourage children to explore the environment through play to promote learning.
- Develop and implement weekly lesson plans that address the Kentucky Early Childhood Standards as part of the school readiness curriculum.
- Provide daily instruction and facilitate meaningful experiences in science, math, early literacy and fine and gross motor activities.
- Collect child work samples over time and feel comfortable holding parent-teacher conferences to discuss child progress.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment both indoors and outdoors. Cleaning will require sanitizing toys and equipment.
- Assist children as needed with feeding and toileting.
- Report any suspected child abuse or neglect to the Child Abuse Hotline, Director or Assistant Director.
- Complete required reports and forms timely.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Complete any other requests made by Director or Assistant Director.
Minimum: Candidate must have successful experience as a teacher of preschool children and possess a high school diploma, however, a Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate is preferred. Must have experience working in a licensed child care center or an early childhood program. The candidate must have successful completion or be able to complete the Child Abuse and fingerprint background checks. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and participate at the child’s level (height) and that includes sitting on the floor and physical activities such as running and jumping.
Nice To Haves
Preferred: Associate Degree in early childhood, two years of experience working in a high quality licensed child care center and demonstrated success as a teacher verified by references and former employers.
$500 sign on bonus, Health, Dental, Vision, LIfe Insurance, Retirement, Paid time off/holidays. Innovative approaces to early childhood development and Wellness.
Salary : $12 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Louisville, KY