The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children's cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment - including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Associate's Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
- Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
- Utilize classroom technology resources effectively to enhance communication with families, accurately record children's developmental progress, and other classroom related responsibilities
- Dependable attendance, as well as flexibility to transition between classrooms, to meet DCF teacher/child ratio requirements
- Must be able to life 25 lbs
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to work as a team and collaborate with other rooms
Nice To Haves
- Team work skills are a huge must for us, we want to always do what is best for the center as a whole and what is best practiced for the children '
- Being able to follow through
- Not being afraid to learn, we pride ourselves on making every moment a teachable moment and growing from there!
- One PTO day per month - up to a 2 week vacation
- Continual training and education opportunities
- Teach Scholarships
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Holidays off and Paid
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching contribution
- Child Care Discounted Rate
At Teddy's Place Childcare we are not your typical center in the fact that all our classrooms are mixed ages! We have families and teachers from diverse and unique backgrounds! We have teachers that speak up to 11 different languages! We also pride ourselves with having teachers with longevity, some teachers have been here for over 16 years! Our philosophy is that we grow and teach as a center, we work as a team to solve problems and always make sure that we are doing what is best practiced for the children and the center as a whole! We continually offer training's so that way we are always the best we can be! Don't be afraid if you still need to learn certain philosophies or how we do things, it is just as much our job to teach you as it is your job to teach the children!
Salary : $15 to $20/Hr
Minimum Education : Associate
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Sun Prairie, WI