Ready Set Grow Childcare is a new center enrolling infants up to children 5 years of age. We are looking to hire outgoing and reliable individuals who absolutely love working with children. We need someone who is energetic, self-motivated, flexible, and is able/willing to grow. We expect our staff to be both present and proactive in the development of our students. Is this you?
The Assistant Teacher supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. They must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents. Assistant teachers are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director. The Assistant may also be responsible in preparing nutritional meals for the students
- Assist in the implementation of curricular activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Prepare/assist with scheduled meals
- At least 18 years of age
- Must clear full background check
- Must pass TB skin test
- High energy
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A strong understanding of child development
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Nice To Haves
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Previous childcare experience
- Food management certification or knowledge of local health regulations
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off (full time)
- Discounted childcare
Salary : $8 to $10/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Louisville, KY