UADC is a long-standing early education program that is dedicated to serving the needs of families in the surrounding community. We are looking for dynamic, inventive, and flexible educators who want to contribute to a growing aspect of a well-developed educational program.
UADC is upheld by well-rounded teachers who sustain and advance our organization. We want staff members to feel fulfilled at work. To that end, we invest in employees through comprehensive orientation, individualized continuing education, ongoing coaching, and supportive team morale.
University Avenue Discovery Center has been open and safely operating since June 2020. We have implemented new policies and procedures and substantial cleaning measures to support the health and safety of staff, students, and our community.
- Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the individual needs of students in the classroom.
- Create a stimulating, caring, and safe environment for children in the classroom.
- Teachers will demonstrate strong verbal and written skills in communication with the teaching team, parents, and the UADC administrative team.
- Teachers will use good judgment in high stress situations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of family issues and cultural diversity and how they impact the development and learning of the child, and use this knowledge to inform teaching practices.
- Teachers need to have effective practices surrounding the use of positive social-emotional problem solving strategies.
- Early Childhood certification or degree, early childhood coursework OR elementary coursework
- One year or more of experience as a classroom teacher preferred
- Familiarity with educational technology preferred
- Complete a Criminal Background Disclosure with no criminal violations or offenses substantially related to the care of children
- Medical examination and TB test by licensed physician indicating no illness that might be detrimental to the welfare of children
- An understanding of state licensing procedures, city accreditation standards and NAEYC standards is preferred
- Professionalism, flexibility, collaborative approach and a sense of humor are all musts for this position.
Nice To Haves
UADC offers a competitive salary for qualified candidates.
Salary : $13 to $17/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : MADISON, WI