The Teacher Assistant supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the Teacher Assistant observes and documents children's interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Teacher Assistant are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher and the Director.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must clear a background check.
Nice To Haves
1 year or more experience in Early Childhood education.
Knowledge of Bright From the Start licensing rules.
Current First Aid/CPR certification.
9 paid holidays
Accrued sick leave
Salary : $10 to $15/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Flexible
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : None
Location : Lilburn, GA