The afterschool Assistant supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education within the after-school program. S/he must be able to communicate, listen, and work well with others in a team environment. This position follows the Atlanta school calendar and is open August through May, from 2:30 PM to 5:30/6 PM.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions and progress reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure a smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal and professional development plans to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional childcare experience.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must clear full background check.
Nice To Haves
Experience as a camp counselor or after-school program assistant is preferred.
Flexible work schedule.
Salary : $10 to $13.50/Hr
Minimum Education : High School or Equivalent
Job Type : Part Time
Category : Education/Training
Minimum Experience : 1 Yr
Location : Atlanta, GA